Frequently Asked Questions
What would a snap shot of the costs be, for example a medium sized café in Auckland that runs broadband and 2 EFTPOS machines?
$175.00+GST per month (includes phone line)
Or $131.25+GST for Hospitality NZ Members
You can get a quote here. It takes less than a minute.
I have a certain number of free Maxmail/Texta credits to use per month – what happens when my credits expire or are used?
You will get new free credits each month.
In the Connect web-application you can buy additional credits. Throughout the application there are buttons that say “Add Texta credits” or “Add Maxmail credits”. The pricing is also in the Connect application.
What is the support available in case of problems ie: is there a 24/7 phone support?
Yes. 24/7 NZ-based telephone technical support.
What about access to technicians on the ground?
Yes, we have technicians on-call in every centre that we have customers, in the unlikely event that problems occur. This support is all free for our customers. We also send technicians on site to do the entire deployment and transition when we first get our customers up and running.
Are the customers who go into these hospitality outlets made aware that their information will be shared and used for marketing purposes?
Yes. These are the Ts and Cs they accept when they login to the customer WiFi:
– Only [Cafe Name] customers may use the FREE customer WiFi.
– CyberCom reserves the right to slow the user down if use is excessive or impacting on other customers.
– The user agrees to not use the internet for any illegal purposes.
– The user agrees to adhere to the Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011.
– If the user logs in using their mobile number, email address or with Facebook, the user agrees to having their information shared with [Cafe Name]. The user agrees to receive marketing material from from time to time, until such time as the user unsubscribes.
What is the timeline from signing up through the online portal to installation?
7-10 days, if they already have Fibre installed.
Up to 5 weeks, if they don’t have Fibre installed yet (this is rare now).
Would this offer work with mobile coffee & food trucks?
No. We need a Fibre or copper circuit going into the property.
What happens after two years?
The services continue and we just require 30 days notice for cancellation.
Can this be extended to hotels and motels?
Yes, we have many hotels/motels/accommodation businesses throughout New Zealand using Connect.